1. What are the benefits and reasons for applying for a patent?
A. 1) Patent application can promote the competitiveness of enterprise;
2) Patent application can better protect intellectual achievement (invention, innovation, appearance design) not legally used by others, promote the business value and economic benefits of related intellectual achievements;
3) Patent application can prevent the phenomenon of infringing others’ patent right, to avoid patent infringement dispute.
2. Whether lose novelty by published patent before application ?
A. Not necessarily, the invention-creation of the patent application will not lose novelty ,for the date of application or the priority date within six months in any of the following cases:
1) For the first time at an international exhibition sponsored or recognized by the Chinese government;
2) For the first time published in a prescribed academic or technical conference;
3) Disclosure the contents without the consent of the applicant.
3. How to extend the application of foreign patent?
A. 1) Patent application among member countries of the Paris Convention applied to all other member states;
2) Patent application among Non-Paris Convention member states, need to apply one by one.